Monday, May 4, 2015

Brucci's has gluten-free pizza on its Players' menu

I went to a food tasting event today at The Players, before the course at TPC Sawgrass opens to the public. And the most interesting part of the tour was a booth that wasn't even open yet: I peeked inside the Brucci's pizza food booth and saw its menu board, which included a 10-inch gluten-free pizza.

Brucci's, of course, has gluten-free pizza in its restaurant, but I wasn't expecting to see it at the golf tournament. It is pricey, listed at $15, but considering the price for a 10-inch gluten-free pizza at most restaurants, it's really not out of line.

The nice thing about The Players, as I've written before, is that it has gluten-free food options all over the course, as part of its program to enhance the fan experience. We stopped at a food truck called Mama's Food and they had several items to offer. I asked if any of them were gluten-free and they quickly responded with a chicken rice bowl. They didn't seem surprised by my request for gluten-free food.

We also stopped at the popular "Tacos on 12" booth run by TacoLu, and they already had corn tortillas available to provide gluten-free tacos. If you go to that booth, be sure to specify you want the corn tortillas.

We also stopped at the Metro Diner booth, adjacent to Brucci's, in an area called "Taste of Jacksonville." They didn't have this available today, but they did say they will have a gluten-free stuffed tomato with chicken salad dish available for the tournament.

Adjacent to Metro Diner was 4 Rivers Smokehouse, where I was able to eat some brisket. I was a little taken aback when I told them I wanted the meat only, and not the sides, because I have to eat gluten free, and they responded by asking if I wanted it on bread. Oh well.

But anyway, if you're going to The Players, you're going to find a lot of gluten-free options. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment