Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Good news, bad news at TPC

I visited the Players Championship this morning on the first day of practice for the tournament, which runs through the weekend, and I have good news and bad news to report from a gluten-free perspective (is there any other perspective?).

The good news is that, as has been the case in recent years, there are a lot of gluten-free food options. You'll general refreshment stands all over the course offering gluten-free buns as an option for hamburgers, chicken sandwiches and hot dogs.

There are also a number of specialty stands which should also be offering gluten-free options, although most of them were not open yet when I visited. Tacos on 12, a taco stand behind the 12th green run by TacoLu, should be the best bet for that.

But the bad news is, I couldn't find any gluten-free beer available. I checked several beverage stands and none had it, and I know the tournament has had gluten-free beer in the past.

I'm trying to get an answer to my question about the availability of gluten-free beer but for now, I have to assume there is none. Too bad. But at least you won't go hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment