Tuesday, March 8, 2016

A gluten-free doughnut in Tampa

For the second time in the last five years, I was able to find a doughnut shop that offers gluten-free doughnuts.

This place near downtown Tampa is called the Mini Doughnut Factory. It's an interesting place where, apparently, people go in and order large quantities of mini doughnuts in mixed varieties and the staff puts all the icing and everything on freshly made doughnuts after you order.

The downside to that is I had to wait a long time for my one gluten-free doughnut. I saw that coming when I walked in and saw a bunch of people sitting there with no doughnuts, obviously waiting for theirs to be made.

They have a wide variety of toppings, but a lot of them aren't gluten free. I played it safe with a chocolate-iced doughnut. You can never go wrong with that.

The only other place I've found since going gluten free where I can eat a fresh doughnut is a place in Chicago called Do-Rite Donuts.

The Mini Doughnut Factory is on South Dale Mabry in Tampa, a tiny place in a small strip mall. It's hard to find and the wait was long but if you're like me and you crave a doughnut once in a while, you should stop in on your next visit to Tampa.

No comments:

Post a Comment