Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Winn-Dixie adding gluten-free stickers

Just like the "GF" stickers you see on the shelves at Publix to indicate products are gluten free, Winn-Dixie is also planning to add gluten-free stickers to its shelves, CEO Peter Lynch told me this week.
Lynch said the stickers should be applied throughout the Winn-Dixie chain by January. He also said the company has already put the stickers in place at a Baymeadows store, but I checked both of its supermarkets on Baymeadows Road in Jacksonville and couldn't find them.
I do like the stickers at Publix. They're easily visible, and I've trained myself to look for them as I walk through the aisles at Publix and it's helped me find food items I hadn't tried before. So I'm looking forward to seeing a similar program at Winn-Dixie.

No comments:

Post a Comment