Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Hey Jaguars: Where's the gluten-free beer?

If there really is gluten-free beer at EverBank Field, they're doing a good job of hiding it.
I attended my first Jaguars game of the season last night and after the Jags promised me in August that Redbridge beer would be available, I was looking forward to having a beer or two.
So where is it???!!!!
They told me it would be available at two stands on the west side of the stadium called Good Libations and two carts on the east side called Big Bombers.
I checked two carts on the east side and looked at the beer inventory and didn't see any Redbridge. Both were way too crowded and loud to have a conversation with the workers there.
So I went into the Bud Zone, thinking I might find it there. But of course, that was even more crowded and loud, so I never even got close to the bar.
Finally, I went to a Good Libations stand on the west side. It was quieter, so I went up and asked if they had Redbridge. I got that familiar blank stare, the one you often get when you ask someone if they have anything gluten free.
By now the game was getting ready to start and I just gave up and went to my seat. At least a stirring Jags win took my mind off the disappointment of not having a beer.
I realize gluten-free beer is a specialty product that is not going to be made available at every beer stand. But if you are going to have gluten-free beer, is it too much to ask to post a sign somewhere telling us where it is? Of course, now I'm wondering if they really have it all. Hopefully I'll be able to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment