Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Some Loops have gluten-free buns, but...


A representative of The Loop confirmed that the restaurant chain does have gluten-free buns available for burgers at three of its locations.

However, it's not all good news. The restaurants do not have separate preparation areas for gluten-free food, so it seems that there is a big risk of contamination.

Cathy Manzon, director of marketing at The Loop Restaurant Group Inc. said gluten-free buns are available for burgers and other grilled sandwiches at its restaurants in Neptune Beach, Amelia Island and Orange Park. Those restaurants also have gluten-free pizza crusts available.

But I'm not sure if I want to try them out, given the high possibility of cross-contamination.

Another drawback is that these restaurants don't have gluten-free french fries.

I think I'm still pinning my hopes for a GF burger and fries at the new Epik Burger restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment