Friday, December 14, 2012

Yes, a GF burger is coming to Jacksonville


The news gets even better.

I got an e-mail today from someone who's planning to open a new restaurant called Epik Burger at the corner of Girvin and Atlantic. And yes, he will be offering gluten-free buns.

The owner Korey Konopasek, said his mother is celiac so he understands our needs. The french fries will not have any coatings and no gluten will be cooked in the frier.

This restaurant is probably a couple of months away, but I'll keep you posted.

I should also tell you that another reader tells me the Loop on Wells Road has a gluten-free bun. I don't know if any other Loop restaurants have it, but I plan to investigate this further.

The Loop has a gluten-free menu for the chain posted on its website and it looks kind of risky, because it says they don't have separate cooking areas for gluten-free. So I'm not sure what to make of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment