Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Gluten-free corn dogs surprisingly good

I've never been a fan of corn dogs. Not that I have anything against them, just that I've never looked at a corn dog and said "I've got to have one." Wherever they sold corn dogs, there always seemed to be something else I'd rather have.

But put the words "gluten-free" in front of something and suddenly, I've got to try it. So when I was looking at the Applegate Farms products in Publix and saw gluten-free corn dogs, well....

I've had several other Applegate Farms products that I really like, such as chicken fingers and chicken tenders (I eat a lot of their chicken tenders), so naturally I had to give these corn dogs a try.

The verdict -- they were surprisingly good. I really didn't expect to enjoy them as much as I did.

I wish I could tell you how they compare with other corn dogs, but I really can't remember ever having one. I'm sure I have somewhere, sometime. But like I said, I just don't think about corn dogs normally, so I can't remember.

But I can see myself buying these again.

No comments:

Post a Comment