Monday, December 23, 2013

Happy Anniversary to me

It was three years ago today that I was diagnosed with celiac disease. Before that day, I had never heard of celiac and had no inkling that this was coming. And getting the diagnosis two days before Christmas sent me into a complete panic mode.

I realized I had to cancel my Christmas plans for Chinese food, because most of the stuff served in Chinese restaurants has gluten. Unfortunately, P.F. Chang's, which has a great gluten-free program, is never open on Christmas.

So I had to scramble on the 24th to find whatever gluten-free food was available in the stores to make sure I had something to eat on Christmas.

That was a long time ago. I still find the gluten-free diet challenging, but at least I don't panic like I did three years ago. I'll survive the holidays just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment