Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Different take on gluten free at Seachasers

I visited the new Seachasers restaurant in Jacksonville Beach, which is an appealing destination because of its location right on the beach.

I of course asked if they have a gluten-free menu, which they don't. But the hostess did have a printout of menu items that have gluten in them. That was a different take than I've seen at other restaurants -- instead of telling me what I could have, they told me what I couldn't.

So, I ordered a grilled fish dish and told the server I had a gluten allergy. She understood my issues and said she would alert the kitchen with my order.

It was a good meal. Like I said, the best part of the restaurant is its location. It's a big new building with several different bar areas. From our table in the second floor dining room, we had a great view of the ocean.

So yes, I would visit Seachasers again.

No comments:

Post a Comment