Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Barely Bread's softness makes an impression

I got some samples last week of bagels, bread and rolls from a company called Barely Bread.

The company says its certified gluten-free bread products are different because they are grain free. The front of the boxes say the breads are made with almond flour.

What really stands out about Barely Bread is how soft the breads are. That made me particularly impressed with the bagels. I don't need to toast them -- I was able to just warm them up in the microwave.

That's significant to me, because it means I can take it with me to have as breakfast when I'm visiting someone else's home. I'm pretty sure you all know the feeling of being unable to eat any breakfast breads on the road, even if you bring your own, because you can't put them in a foreign toaster without getting them contaminated with gluten. I was able to wrap up the bagel in a paper towel and know it wasn't touching any gluten.

The sandwich rolls, which were also soft, held up well with my sandwich. I have to say I was disappointed with the regular bread. The texture was good, but I just didn't like the taste of it.

But I was very happy with the bagels and rolls. According to the company's website, the only store in Jacksonville selling Barely Bread is Earth Fare. So if you're shopping there, you may want to give it a try.

You can read more about the company's products here: www.barelybread.com/breads

No comments:

Post a Comment