Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Gluten-free hope at EverBank Field

I saw Jaguars President Mark Lamping yesterday at a luncheon at EverBank Field and, as I do every time I get a chance to talk to him, I made a pitch for better gluten-free options at Jaguars games.

On this occasion, he seemed very interested. He said he can't make any promises but he will look into it. I told him I would contact him and remind him as we get closer to the season, and he said yes, please do.

Lamping said there wouldn't necessarily be a gluten-free concession stand (like I just saw at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg). But I see no reason why the Jaguars can't have a gluten-free cart, like I've seen at a number of major league sports venues. Just offer a small menu of, perhaps, hot dogs and hamburgers with gluten-free buns and, of course, gluten-free beer.

This conversation gave me hope. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment