Friday, October 7, 2011

Gluten-free deep dish pizza

If you asked me a year ago to name my favorite food in the whole wide world, I would have said "deep dish Chicago pizza."
Actually, I would still say that today. It's just a little hard to find when you're gluten free.
But I'm in Chicago, so I figured if I could find it anywhere, it would be here. And in fact, Lou Malnati's, one of the iconic Chicago deep-dish pizza restaurants, does offer a crustless deep dish gluten-free pizza!
Lou Malnati's crustless pizza uses sausage as a base, so if you love sausage pizza, as I do, it's a bonus. It's not something you're going to pick up in your hands like thin pizza, but deep dish pizza is supposed to be eaten with a knife and fork.
Speaking of bonuses, they messed up my order and brought the wrong pizza - still gluten-free, but not what I ordered. So my pizza was free! What could be better? Well, we could get gluten-free deep dish pizza in Jacksonville. But I know I'm dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment