Monday, September 9, 2013

Extend Nutrition has low-sugar, gluten-free snacks

One thing I've constantly complained about since going gluten-free is the lack of sugar-free, gluten-free snacks. There are an awful lot of very tasty gluten-free cookies and other treats available, but they of course contain globs of sugar.

So I was very happy to receive samples of low-sugar and sugar-free products from a company called Extend Nutrition. The company makes a variety of snack foods designed to control blood sugar, and they have the added benefit of being made with gluten-free ingredients.

The one drawback that may concern some celiacs is that they are not made in a dedicated gluten-free facility.

I've tried a variety of Extend's bars, crisps and "drizzles," which have the appearance of small rice cakes but taste like cookies. I enjoyed them all.

Extend also produces low-sugar shakes and while I received a couple of packets, I haven't tried them yet.

The products are available at national retailers like Target and Walmart. I'm going to have to look for them.

You can get more information on the products at the company's web site at http://www.extendbar.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment