Friday, September 27, 2013

I'll always go for chocolate

I received some new samples from Glutino. You may recall last month they sent a box of lemon wafer cookies that I wasn't crazy about, just because I wouldn't normally eat lemon wafers.

However, this month, they sent a box of Glutino Chocolate Wafers. These were absolutely delicious. I hope I get more chocolate from them.

Glutino also sent along a box of Double Chocolate Brownie Mix. That certainly looked delicious and the directions looked simple enough. But I just don't bake (I wouldn't even have a pan to bake them in), so I passed the box along to another regular member of the Celiac Support Group of Jacksonville. When she tells me what she thought of the brownies, I'll let you know.

As I've said before, for those of you who've never been to a Celiac Support Group meeting, please try to attend. The meetings are held on the third Tuesday of every month. It's a great opportunity to meet other celiacs and share ideas of where to find good gluten-free food or just commiserate about our condition. We don't like to whine to others because there are worse problems to have than celiac disease, but at least we can whine to each other and understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment