Tuesday, November 12, 2013

New York's "premiere gluten free" restaurant

During a weekend visit to the New York area, I was able to visit a restaurant which bills itself as "NYC's premiere gluten free dining destination."

The restaurant is called Friedman's. There are actually two locations: one is called Friedman's Lunch located in the Chelsea Market. I visited its second restaurant, called Friedman's 31st, which is on 31st Street between 6th and 7th Avenues.

The great thing about this restaurant is almost everything on the menu can be made gluten free. It has a varied selection of entrees. I had a turkey burger, which was good, not great. But I just liked the variety of options I found at this place.

Yes, I would highly recommend Friedman's if you're visiting the city.

I spent most of the weekend in New Jersey, where most of the gluten-free destinations I could find in my Internet searches were chain restaurants. But that did give me the opportunity to go to a Red Robin restaurant for a hamburger on a gluten-free bun. I've been hoping that Red Robin will expand to Jacksonville one of these days.

Yes, I liked the burger. I also like the fact that Red Robin offers "bottomless" steak fries which can be made gluten free.

This was my first visit to that area since I was put on a gluten-free diet. I've read about a lot of other gluten-free destinations in New York. I hope to get back there to try them one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment