Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Almost everything gluten free at Corner Taco

I finally made it to Corner Taco yesterday. I've been waiting forever to try them, since I first read about their gluten-free tacos on their food truck from glutenfreejacksonville.

The problem is I'm hardly every downtown and the Corner Taco truck was always located somewhere near downtown, and when I was downtown, I didn't know where to find it.

But, Corner Taco recently opened a brick-and-mortar restaurant in Five Points at 818 Post St. So when I was in the neighborhood yesterday, I knew where to go.

The menu doesn't say anything about gluten free but when I asked what is gluten free, I was told everything but the croutons on the salad are gluten free. The tacos are made with corn tortillas.

I got a couple of chicken tacos. They were good, kind of reminding me of Taco Lu's tacos. My only complaint was that it seemed to take forever to get them. In a place where you go up to the counter and order, I generally expect it to be faster.

But that's okay. There are a lot of other tacos on the menu I'd like to try, so I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment