Friday, November 7, 2014

Extend Nutrition's new bars are gluten-free AND sugar free

Extend Nutrition sent me samples of two new bars which are not only gluten free, but also sugar free.

I've been complaining forever about the sugar content of gluten-free snacks and have wondered why more companies don't offer sugar-free products that are also gluten free. If I only had any baking skills myself, I would probably be trying to sell a line of gluten-free, sugar-free cookies.

Anyway, Extend's products are promoted to stabilize blood sugar, but all of the company's products are also gluten free.

The new sugar-free bars come in two varieties, Cookies & Cream and Chocolate & Caramel. They're both great, although I liked the Cookies & Cream bar better.

The 1.48-ounce bars have 130 to 140 calories.

I haven't seen these particular bars on the shelf, but Extend products are available in Publix and Winn-Dixie stores, among other places. If you're looking for a sugar-free snack, you might want to give these a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment