Sunday, November 16, 2014

Good stuff at gluten-free event

I hope a lot of you found your way to the Gluten Free & Allergen Free Wellness Event in Jacksonville yesterday. There was a lot of good stuff to see.

I'll be writing about some other stuff in the coming days but perhaps the most interesting news for me came from a representative of the Celiac Support Association who is interested in starting a support group in Jacksonville.

Of course, we have had a Celiac Support Group of Jacksonville, which I have been heavily involved in, but the group has been dormant in recent months for a number of reasons, including a lack of a venue.

With this national association interested, as well as interest from the Mayo Clinic of possibly getting involved, I'm confident that we will get a support group going again in 2015. If you've never been to a celiac support group, it's an opportunity to not only get information on the disease and the gluten-free diet from other celiacs, but also just to commiserate about our condition. I don't like to whine about it, and I'm sure a lot of you don't like to either, but sometimes you just need to whine and everyone in the group understands.

I'll keep you posted on further developments but in the meantime, if you're interested in joining a support group, please send me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment