Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Still looking for gluten-free dumplings

Last fall, I wrote about how happy I was to find gluten-free Chinese dumplings at Earth Fare. That's one of those foods I really miss and hadn't been able to find in a gluten-free version anywhere. So I was hoping these frozen dumplings made by Feel Good Foods would fill my craving.

They were okay, but not as good as I hoped. I thought the problem was my lack of cooking skills. The only way to cook them was to pan fry them, and they just didn't come out quite right.

So I was happy last week on another visit to Earth Fare when I checked on the dumplings again and found they added new cooking instructions for a microwave. I'm guessing I'm not the only one who had trouble cooking them. Maybe I'm not so inept after all.

So, I bought the dumplings again and microwaved them and ... they were just okay, not great. And this time, I know I cooked them perfectly.

Oh well, I guess I'll keep looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment