Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Trader Joe's brings out gluten-free pretzels

I went to Trader Joe's last week to buy bagels and hamburger buns, and again I was disappointed.

Trader Joe's has very good gluten-free bagels and buns at a good price but as I've complained in the past, way too many times I go there and can't find them. On this trip, they had the bagels but were out of buns. It's frustrating.

But I did take a quick walk through the store and found a new product: Trader Joe's brand gluten-free pretzels.

Of course I decided to try them. I found they have a very good texture (you can't always count on that with gluten-free pretzels) but had little to no salt, and had little flavor. I'm not in any hurry to buy them again.

My favorite pretzels are Glutino's. I've had them in the past and Glutino was kind enough to send me a box of pretzel samples recently, which I enjoyed again. However, when I have to buy Glutino pretzels, they are usually pricey, so I don't buy them often.

The Trader Joe's pretzels cost $3 for an 8-ounce package, which is the same price you would pay for a package of Snyder's of Hanover gluten-free pretzels when they are on sale at Publix or Winn-Dixie. While I prefer Glutino over Snyder's, I prefer Snyder's over Trade Joe's, so I'll probably just wait to see Snyder's on sale again before I  buy more pretzels.

No comments:

Post a Comment