Monday, August 1, 2016

A Mother Truckin' gluten-free pizza

I finally found the Mother Truckin' Pizza truck this weekend, and I'm glad I did.

I went to the food truck event in Jacksonville Beach which featured, I think, 36 food trucks. I looked around to see if anyone mentioned anything "gluten free" on their menu boards and didn't see any. My experience with food trucks has told me that while they may actually have gluten-free food available, the people working there are reluctant to say that, yes, you can eat gluten-free there.

Mother Truckin's menu also does not list gluten-free pizza but I had heard that they do have it, so I walked up and asked. Not only do they have a gluten-free pizza but they also asked me if I have a gluten sensitivity, because if so they would bake it separately from the other pizzas. I never expected that from a food truck!

The pizza was pretty good, but more than I needed. While the truck sells slices of regular pizza, they only offer a complete 10-inch gluten-free pizza. Even I couldn't finish the whole thing (it doesn't happen often with me and pizza) and because I was too far from my car to take it home, I had to throw out the excess.

But on the bright side, the pizza with up to 3 toppings cost $11, and they were charging $5 and $6 for slices. So I'd have to say I got my money's worth.

I also need to compliment them for having a pop-up tent with stand-up tables to eat on, on a hot summer afternoon. That was more than a lot of other trucks offered at this event.

My only complaint is, they need to put the gluten-free pizza on the menu board. I'm sure a lot of people would love to stumble onto it when looking for gluten-free in a sea of food trucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment