Friday, April 27, 2012

Tweason'ale doesn't do it for me


I finally found Dogfish Head's new gluten-free beer, Tweason'ale, a couple of days ago at Broudy's in Jacksonville Beach. I'm always interested in trying a new gluten-free beer and I've been waiting for three months, since the company said it would begin distributing the beer in Jacksonville.
Dogfish Head says this beer is brewed with strawberries and buckwheat honey. I've never been a big fan of flavored beers, but I figured I'd give it a shot.  It was selling by the single bottle at $2.75 each, so it was no big risk.
So I took a sip and my initial reaction was, "Ugh!" I thought it was awful.
Somehow, it seemed to get better as I drank through the bottle. You didn't think I was going to waste any beer, did you?
But that's probably the last time I'll be drinking Tweason'ale. I give Dogfish Head credit for trying and maybe some of the rest of you will like it. But I'll stick with the regular gluten-free beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment