Monday, July 22, 2013

Bonefish bread gone forever

Bonefish Grill in Mandarin has been one of my favorite gluten-free spots. Not only are they attentive to people with celiac or other gluten intolerances and have a good selection of meal options, but they used to also offer gluten-free bread!

This was not a regular feature of the Bonefish chain -- this was just something special offered by the Mandarin location and it made it worth the trip. However, the gluten-free bread is gone forever.

There was no bread available on my last trip there several months ago, and I was told the restaurant was having some kind of supply issue. On my latest visit last night, I asked about the bread and the waiter went to check on the situation. He came back with the disappointing news that they are not going to be getting the gluten-free bread back.

Oh well. You can still get a good, apparently safe, gluten-free meal at Bonefish. But the bread made the trip special, and I'll miss that.

No comments:

Post a Comment