Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Brazi Bites coming to Whole Foods

I've never heard of Pão de Queijo, or Brazilian cheese bread (and I've visited Brazil). But when a company called Brazi Bites offered to send me samples of these, of course I said "yes."

These are sort of like soft cheese balls made with tapioca starch and other ingredients. Brazi Bites says they are naturally gluten free, and its products are also certified as gluten free. They come frozen and you pop them in the oven for 20 minutes.

The snacks come in three varieties: original, bacon and fire-roasted jalapeño.

I liked all three. I was afraid I would like the jalapeño version, which was quite hot, but I did. They make a great appetizer for a gluten-free meal, in place of dinner rolls.

Brazi Bites were started by a Brazilian native, Junea Rocha, in Portland, Ore., and have been rolling out across the country over the last three years. The company said they will be available at Whole Foods stores in Florida in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment