Wednesday, January 22, 2014

South Beach Diet gluten-free bars relatively low in sugar

As part of my never-ending search for gluten-free treats that are also sugar free or at least low in sugar, South Beach Diet sent me samples of three snack bars that are all certified gluten free and, while not sugar free, are at least relatively low in sugar.

I received two varieties of South Beach Diet's Chewy Nut bars: chocolate chunk and nut crunch. The chocolate chunk bar has 140 calories and 6 grams of sugar, and the nut crunch bar has 150 calories and also 6 grams of sugar.

They also sent me their dark chocolate Good to Go Bars, which have just 120 calories and 6 grams of sugar.

All three are pretty good, although I prefer chocolate because I've always been a chocoholic. The important thing is that I've found them perfect to satisfy a night time hunger pang without needing to eat anything else.

According to the company's website, the products should be available at various Publix, Winn-Dixie and Walmart stores, as well as other retailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment