Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Gluten-free options at Hurricane Grill and Wings

I've eaten at Hurricane Grill & Wings a number of times in the last few years, always ordering a salad. But I saw something on the Internet about a gluten-free menu, so I had to check it out.

Actually, Hurricane Grill has a "gluten sensitive" menu and as the manager told me last night at the restaurant at Baymeadows and I-295, it doesn't have a gluten-free area in the kitchen. So there is a risk of cross-contamination.

However, the menu, which has been available since about July, the manager said, does have some appealing options, including sandwiches on a gluten-free bun. It also has several entrees and salads.

Interestingly for a restaurant chain with "wings" in the name, chicken wings are not available gluten free, but there's enough on the menu to satisfy me. I had a pretty good grilled mahi sandwich on a gluten-free bun.

Hurricane Grill is known for its wide variety of sauces, and the gluten sensitive menu does list the sauces that are gluten free.

Unfortunately, like wings, the french fries are not gluten free. But the menu does list several gluten-free side items that you can have with your sandwich. I had cole slaw.

I considered my visit a good experience, and I will definitely be going back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment