Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Aldi coming to Southside

This won't help you with your gluten-free holidays, but here's some good news: Aldi is going to open a supermarket in Jacksonville.

According to a story in the Financial News & Daily Record, Aldi filed plans with the city to open a store next to the Target store on Southside Boulevard, near The Avenues mall. This will be its first store in Jacksonville.

As I wrote in my November Times-Union column, I was very impressed with my visit to Aldi's first Northeast Florida store in St. Augustine. The company has a great line of gluten-free products under its own brand, LiveGFree, that are reasonably priced. I've been hoping they would open a store closer to my home.

I don't know when the Southside store will open, but I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment