Friday, August 28, 2015

Jags promise GF beer in the Bud Zone

If you're going to the Jaguars game tonight, you should be able to find Redbridge gluten-free beer in the Bud Zone.

At least the Jaguars intend to offer it, but actually finding gluten-free beer in EverBank Field has been a constant battle. I won't rehash all my past problems trying to find it, but suffice it to say it has never been easy to find. In fact, the bartenders who supposedly have gluten-free beer stocked in the refrigerator cases in front of them often don't even know it's there.

I'm not going to the game myself, so I won't be able to tell you if it actually is available.

Beyond beer, the gluten-free offerings at EverBank Field will be basically the same as last year, which is disappointing. You can get a hot dog with a gluten-free bun at the regular hot dog stands, but I wouldn't recommend it because I honestly don't have faith that the people working the concession stands know what they're doing.

If you're hungry, a safer bet will be the packaged snacks you can find at the Daily's stand.

The good news is the Jaguars say they are likely to have a separate gluten-free cart next season, as part of an overall revamp of their concessions. But for this season, you'll need to think about eating before you go in the stadium.

No comments:

Post a Comment