Monday, April 15, 2013

Gluten-free pizza in Delaware

I found myself in Delaware over the weekend, drinking lots of wine because I couldn't find gluten-free beer anywhere I went -- I think at this point, every hotel bar should stock gluten-free beer, but that's another story.

Since I found a new pizza chain with gluten-free pizzas, I thought I should share my experience. I went to a place called Seasons Pizza with a bunch of family members, thinking I may have to have a salad for dinner. But I was pleased to find gluten-free pizza on the menu.

Seasons is a chain with more than 25 locations mainly in Delaware and Maryland, but also in Southern New Jersey and Pennsylvania.

I tried to order sausage on my pizza but the waitress told me that the sausage had gluten in it. I figured that was a good sign, showing that she was aware of gluten-free needs.

The pizza tasted very good. The one problem, that I have seen with other extremely thin gluten-free crusts, was that the crust kind of stuck to the baking sheet. But I did enjoy it.

If only they had gluten-free beer to go with my pizza...

No comments:

Post a Comment