Thursday, May 21, 2015

Lots of gluten-free stuff at Brick Oven

I finally made it to the Brick Oven Pizzeria & Gastropub on Fleming Island yesterday, and it was well worth the wait.

I should have gone sooner, but it is a 40-minute drive for me. But after having a great hamburger and fries yesterday and looking at its other gluten-free options on the menu, I really want to go back soon.

I'm going to write more about the Brick in my Times-Union column next month. But for now, let me tell you that the restaurant, which is owned by a celiac, not only has gluten-free buns available -- and a dedicated fryer for gluten-free french fries -- but also has gluten-free wraps and bread available for sandwiches, and gluten-free pizza.

It also has gluten-free pasta available for pasta dishes. And, they don't charge extra for gluten-free alternatives, like just about every other restaurant does.

I can't wait for my next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment