Thursday, September 3, 2015

A frozen find at Aldi

Ever since Aldi opened its first Northeast Florida store last year in St. Augustine, I've been gushing about its gluten-free products under the LiveGFree brand.

However, I wasn't able to try all of those products. I noticed some interesting frozen food LiveGFree products but I figured it was too far to buy them and drive home from St. Augustine without them defrosting.

But with the new store on Southside Boulevard in Jacksonville, I'm close enough to buy its frozen products, so I decided to try the pepperoni pizza stuffed sandwich.

The stuffed sandwich is sort of like a Hot Pockets sandwich, which I never really ate before going gluten free. But I had never seen a gluten-free variety of this, so I was determined to try this one. Actually, it may be the closest thing to a gluten-free calzone that I'm going to find.

But anyway, I did enjoy it. Actually, I have to say it was even better than I expected it to be. I'll be buying more.

Hey, I never said I'm the healthiest eater. I'm just looking for good tasting gluten-free food, and there's a lot to eat at Aldi.

No comments:

Post a Comment