Sunday, September 13, 2015

Yes, there is gluten-free beer at EverBank Field

Yes, I was able to get a Redbridge beer at the Jaguars game today.

If you happened to see my column buried in the Times-Union today that was supposed to run Thursday and for some reason has not been posted on line, I wrote that the Jaguars haven't really improved their gluten-free food offerings but they promised me that Redbridge beer would be available in the Bud Zone.

In past seasons, despite promises that gluten-free beer was available, it has been very hard to find at EverBank Field. However, today, I went right to the bar at the back of the Bud Zone and asked the bartender for a Redbridge or other gluten-free beer, and she pulled one out right away and served it to me.

She couldn't actually find it on the cash register so she charged me the same price as a Bud. It's $8, but we're just being treated like everyone else. She also gave me the glass bottle to carry, which I think she was not supposed to do.

But anyway, I was able to get a beer at the Jaguars game like a normal person, and it felt great.

Now about the Jags' performance on the field....

Oh, and I will try to get them to post the column online tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment