Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A day for chicken noodle soup


It's ridiculously cold in Jacksonville this morning, at least for the last week in March. So I decided I needed some chicken noodle soup.

I noticed cans of gluten-free chicken noodle soup at Publix recently and seeing that I haven't had that in more than two years, I've been pining for it. So in light of the weather, I decided to pay the ridculously high price ($3.39 for a 15-ounce can). I needed chicken noodle soup.

It's a brand I've never tried called Gluten Free Cafe. The result: it was a little bit bland but otherwise, it was just fine. The noodles tasted just like any other noodles I remember. But at that price, it's not something I'm going to stock up on.

Fortunately, this should be the coldest day we have until next November or December, so I won't be compelled to buy it again for a while. Now I just have to buy my gluten-free hot dogs and buns to get ready for baseball season next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment