Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Not excited by Walmart's gluten-free pretzels

I had heard that Walmart had come out with a line of gluten-free products under the Great Value brand, and I finally found them this week at my local Walmart (Beach and Hodges).

The Great Value gluten-free products include several pasta dishes and cookies. I decided to try their pretzels, since the price was right: $2.58 for an 8-ounce bag.

Unfortunately, I was less than thrilled with the taste. They had very little salt and no real flavor. I guess they may appeal to people who want less salt in their diet.

I was disappointed because I was hoping this could be a go-to snack. Glutino makes the best gluten-free pretzels, as far as I'm concerned, but they tend to be ridiculously expensive and I only buy them when they're on a really good sale. Snyder's pretzels are also usually overpriced.

I will give some of the other Great Value gluten-free products a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment