Friday, August 29, 2014

Papa Murphy's working on gluten-free pizza

Papa Murphy's appears to be the next major pizza chain that will be coming out with a gluten-free pizza.

A spokeswoman for the "Take 'N' Bake pizza chain told me that they are not ready to roll out the gluten-free pizzas just yet, and they won't give me a timetable, but they are working on it. It seems like it will be sooner rather than later.

Of course, the big issue with Papa Murphy's will be cross-contamination. Dominos is the other major take-out chain that offers a gluten-free crust, but Dominos warns that it can't necessarily protect against gluten cross-contamination in its small kitchens and that celiacs may not want to risk it. In all likelihood, Papa Murphy's will have similar issues.

I've never had a Papa Murphy's pizza at all -- they started expanding in Jacksonville after I went on a gluten-free diet. But I am interested to see what they have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment